Plan Your Tour!
Like Arts Council on Facebook for regular updates and sneak peeks
Open Studios & Events Manager
Turn an ordinary weekend extraordinary by touring studios with friends and family. Our community is what makes Santa Cruz special, so grab some friends, make some memories and go meet your neighborhood artists.
- Walk: With over 300 artists participating in Open Studios, it’s easy to plan a walking tour. There is no better way to get your steps in!
- Bike: Get some exercise and explore the arts in any local neighborhood. Meet at your house, for brunch, at a local pub, pack a few snacks and let the good times roll… literally! Don’t forget your helmet. If you end up finding a special treasure that’s just a bit too big for your basket, artists will gladly hold it for you to return and pick up at a later date.
- Carpool: Do your part to reduce our carbon footprint by sharing a ride with friends. Cruise from one end of the county to the other end, see artists in every nook and cranny. Your carpooling friends can read about the artists you’re visiting, help navigate and make for a fun, creative day.
Why not throw a party?
End your art-filled day by sitting down to a meal with friends. Share your favorite stops on the tour, maybe sketch out your map for the next weekend?
Facebook users – create your own event!
- Click Events in the left menu of your News Feed.
- Click Create in the top right.
- Click Create Private Event to choose between a private or public event.
- Fill in the event name, details, location and time.
- Click Create.
- Upload our Open Studios Facebook event visual
Send a snazzy Evite for your party:
- Click the “Create an Invitation” button on the Evite homepage.
- Scroll through the list of events on the left-hand side of the page.
- Choose General Design Your Own and upload our custom art
- Click on your occasion. …
- Scroll through the designs. …
- Enter your event details after you have chosen your design. …
- Choose a reply style on the upper left hand side of the page.
Looking for some inspiration?
A good host always provides for their guests. Check out our recipe for the Virgin Open Studios Cucumber Basil Gimlet. It will be as green as the signature Open Studios artist signs!
Virgin Cucumber Basil Gimlet
- 2 inch piece of cucumber, thinly sliced
- 4 basil leaves (or you can change to mint if you prefer)
- juice of one large lime
- 1 tablespoon simple syrup
- sparkling water
- Place cucumber and basil in the cocktail shaker and gently muddle with the handle of a wooden spoon.
- Add lime juice, simple syrup and ice. Cover shaker and shake for 20-30 seconds. Strain into an ice-filled highball glass or chilled cocktail glass and top up with sparkling water.
Capture the Fun