2022 County Government Building Exhibits
Santa Cruz County artists and craftspeople are invited to apply to exhibit in the Santa Cruz County Government Center (701 Ocean Street, Santa Cruz) during the 2022 Exhibit Year. Artwork will be displayed on the walls and in glass cases on the First and Fifth floors.
- Must be a resident of Santa Cruz County
- Cannot have participated in the 2020/2021 exhibits at the County Government Center
- All submitted work samples must have been created in the last four years and be representative of the style and content that you plan to exhibit
- All work should appropriate to a public office building – religious or political subjects, nudity, and violence are not acceptable
- Entries will be accepted electronically and must be received by 5pm, Monday, December 6, 2021.
- Fill out the entry form here.
- $25 non-refundable entry fee – can be paid online or by check. Entry fees must be received by Tuesday ,December 7th, 2021 in order for your application to be screened.
About the Exhibits
Arts Council Santa Cruz County presents four exhibits each year at the County Government Center, featuring local artists. Co-sponsored by the County Department of Public Works, shows consist of work from five artists: two artists displaying on the First floor walls; two artists displaying on the Fifth floor walls; and one 3-D artist showing work in display cases on the First & Fifth Floors. Additionally, in March/April/May, the Arts Council produces a Youth Art Exhibit showcasing artwork created through our arts education programs in Santa Cruz County schools.
Santa Cruz County artists and craftspeople are invited to apply once a year. Applications are due in early December. Exhibits begin in January and run for approximately 9 weeks. Artists are eligible to exhibit every other year.
Applicants are screened by the selection committee, consisting of two professional artists, an Arts Council Board member, a Santa Cruz County Arts Commissioner, a representative from the County Public Works Department, and two County employees. The Selection Committee strives to provide quality exhibits representing the diverse talents of our local artists. Artists should be aware that the County Government Center is not a gallery and should plan their shows to be appropriate for a public office building. Inappropriate or unsuitable material will not be displayed.
Important Dates & Info for Applicants
- Applications open: November 1, 2021
- Applications due: Friday, December 3rd, 2021
- Entry fee due: Monday,December 6th, 2021
- Exhibit Year: January-December, 2022
- Artist Eligibility: Every other year
- Artists selected to exhibit will be notified the week of December 13th
- Fourteen 2-D artists and four 3-D artists are selected for each yearly exhibit cycle