In recognition of our shared vulnerability and need for collective safety, Arts Council Santa Cruz County has closed its Santa Cruz and Watsonville offices, with hopes of reopening no earlier than Wednesday, April 8, 2020. While we’re not in the office, we’re here for you. Our team is working and available by phone, email, and video conferencing during our office closure.
Carrying out our mission to generate creativity, vibrancy, and connection remains critical as we strive to support and uplift one another through this uncharted territory. We’re gathering resources and information to support artists, arts organizations, and related businesses during the rapidly evolving response to COVID-19. [See below.] We’ll share more as we continue to develop our action plan. For now, we are canceling, postponing, or video conferencing our Council-hosted convenings and public events. Check our website or Facebook pages for specific details.
The impact of COVID-19 on artists and arts organizations has been and will continue to be profound. Right now, more than ever, every ticket sold, every class enrollment, every purchase matters – a single canceled performance, event, or commission can alter the financial health and future of our creative community. We have the collective power to help keep our community’s creative flame lit. Please join us by making a contribution to a local arts organization that inspires you.
In these uncertain times, together we’re better. Thank you for your continued partnership.
Be well, friends,
Arts Council Santa Cruz County Staff and Board team
Resources for artists:
- Springboard for the Arts – Emergency Resources for Artists
- Covid-19 and Freelance Artists
- Performance Arts Readiness
- Employment Development Department information on filing for unemployment/disability/Paid Family Leave due to COVID-19
- Americans for the Arts Resource and Response Center
- Americans for the Arts Economic Impact Survey
- Creative Capital List of Arts Resources During the COVID-19 Outbreak
- Foundation for Contemporary Arts Emergency Grants
- National Association of Latino Arts and Cultures – Responding to COVID-19: Arts Resources & Field Survey
- New York Foundation for the Arts Emergency Grants for unexpected medical emergencies