Join the team at Arts Council Santa Cruz County! We are currently seeking a part time Administrative Associate to support our staff. Read on to find out if it sounds like that person could be you!
Position: Administrative Associate
Deadline: Ready to hire immediately
Schedule: Part Time, 20 hours a week, Monday-Friday. Flexible hours, evenings and weekends on an as-needed basis. We believe in work-life balance, and are committed to keeping the workload in alignment with the true hours worked
Benefits: Prorated vacation days, sick days, paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule
Location: Arts Council office on the Tannery Arts Center campus in Santa Cruz; 1070 River St.
Reporting: This position reports to the Development Director
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Since 1979, Arts Council Santa Cruz County has led the charge to support the unique, ever- evolving Santa Cruz County arts community. We’re passionate advocates for the arts and the organizations and people who make art happen. We believe in the power of the arts to transform our community, and our daily work of art reflects that belief. Our staff and board team is deeply committed to and fired up about our mission to generate creativity, vibrancy, and connection in Santa Cruz County.
Job Summary: We’re looking for a resourceful and obsessively detail-oriented Administrative Associate with mad computer skills and a can-do attitude. You will support the operations and development work of the Arts Council through strong knowledge of a range of computer programs and administrative skills. You must be a proactive self-starter, extremely organized, and able to juggle multiple deadline-driven tasks simultaneously.
Workplace Environment: We operate a highly collaborative and supportive workplace where staff is largely self-directed. We all have the opportunity and are expected to contribute not just to our own work but also to the strategic direction of the organization. We work hard, we have fun. We take responsibility for mistakes and celebrate successes. We live and breathe by our core values: collaborative, adaptable, innovative, service-oriented, and effectively and professionally run. A sense of humor and a compassionate disposition are required. The Arts Council is an award-winning Family Friendly Workplace, and we love our work.
Most importantly, we are all here to be of service to the arts and to our community.
And Now For Something Completely Different: The ideal candidate will have the majority of the skills outlined in this job description. However, if you beautifully fit most, but not all, of the bill, apply anyway. In either case, be direct in your cover letter about your strengths, interests, and “fit” for this position.
Arts Council Santa Cruz County is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, age, religion, sexual orientation, or any other status protected by law. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply:
Please send a single PDF document to firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line of ‘Administrative Associate’ that includes two items:
- A cover letter that addresses the unique skills you bring to the table and includes the date you are available to start (2 pages maximum). Please tell us something new in this letter – do not restate your resume.
- A resume with at least two professional references.
We will begin accepting applications on June 8th, 2018. The search will continue until we find the right fit. We will begin interviews as soon as we identify qualified candidates.
On to the job description…
Summary: Manage administrative tasks to support the smooth operations of the Arts Council and our initiatives.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Arts Council/Tannery Arts Center First Point of Contact:
- Be the warm welcome – staff the reception desk, answer phones
- Be a point of contact for inquiries about the Tannery and Arts Council for all walk-in traffic and connect inquirers with the appropriate people or resources
- Support building operations by interfacing with vendors to address safety, technology infrastructure, and building maintenance issues
- Coordinate office supply purchases
- Provide meeting and event support as needed, including setting up the conference room, purchasing snacks, picking up orders, making copies, stuffing envelopes, and other duties
- Provide administrative support by creating, updating and printing documents using the Microsoft Office, Google Suite and other programs
- Provide support for the Development Coordinator, taking the lead with mailings, supporting web-based work, and other duties as needed
- Opportunity for self-initiated projects determined by candidate’s skills, interests, and capacity
- Jack/Jill/Pat of All Trades – Assist Arts Council staff in a variety of areas, which may include mailings, research, invoicing, events depending on skill and interests
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented
- At least two years in an office setting
- Strong writing skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with high professionalism, humor, and grace
- Self-directed with a passion for (or at least great satisfaction in) meeting goals and deadlines.
- High expectations for quality
- Open communicator, unafraid to ask questions
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual in Spanish and English
- Proficiency/experience in finance support