Arts & Economic Prosperity Study Coordinator(s)
Status: One or two independent contract position
Opening: Ready to hire immediately
Reports to: Grants Program Manager
Compensation: $50-60 per hour
Schedule: 200-250 total hours across 1 or 2 positions between November 2021 and January 2023, mostly evenings and weekends
Who we are: For 40+ years, Arts Council Santa Cruz County has led the charge to support the unique, ever-evolving Santa Cruz County arts community. We’re passionate advocates for the arts and the organizations and people who make art happen. We believe in the power of the arts to transform our community, and our daily work of art reflects that belief. Our staff and board team are deeply committed to and fired up about our mission to generate creativity, vibrancy, and connection in Santa Cruz County.
The job: We’re looking for outgoing, organized, self-starters with volunteer recruitment and coordination experience. Work will involve recruiting, training, coordinating, and supervising volunteers to collect surveys at arts events across Santa Cruz County during the 2022 calendar year.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Working with the Grants Program Manager to manage volunteer incentives (event tickets, gift cards, etc.)
- Working with Arts Council staff, social media, and other resources to recruit volunteer survey collectors
- Training volunteer in effective survey collecting techniques and to respond to questions about the survey
- Coordinating volunteers to collect surveys at arts and culture events across the county
- Collecting surveys and supervising volunteer survey collectors as needed
- Reviewing, collating, and preparing surveys for analysis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- management or volunteer management experience
- Training or facilitation experience
- organized and detail-oriented
- excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- open communicator who is unafraid to ask questions
- enjoys networking and interested and engaged in local arts
What it’s like to work with us: We operate a highly collaborative and supportive workplace where the staff is largely self-directed. We all have the opportunity and are expected to contribute not just to our own work but also to the strategic direction of the organization. We work hard, we have fun. We take responsibility for mistakes and celebrate successes. A sense of humor and a compassionate disposition are essential. The Arts Council is an award-winning Family-Friendly Workplace, and we love our work. Most importantly, we’re here to be of service to the arts and to our community.
- We will review resumes on a rolling basis until a contract is signed
- We will begin scheduling interviews as soon as we have strong candidates.
- We will negotiate a contract with the selected candidate as soon as references are checked.
To apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter in a single PDF to email@example.com. In your cover letter, tell us why this opportunity interests you and how this very part-time work fits into your life. Please title your email and PDF with: Your last name – AEP. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Arts Council Santa Cruz County is an Equal Opportunity Employer: We are committed to providing services and making resources available to every resident of Santa Cruz County without regard to ethnicity, color, creed, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, political opinion, national origin, familial status, mental and physical disability, or source of income. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.