Program & Administrative Coordinator
Opening: Ready to hire immediately
Schedule: 35 hours per week. Flexible schedule with some evenings and weekends.
Location: Arts Council office at the Tannery Arts Center campus in Santa Cruz and our office in Watsonville.
Reporting: This position reports to the Deputy Director.
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Salary & Benefits:
- Salary range $19-21/hour
- 10 vacation days, 12 sick days, 11 paid holidays, and a flexible, family-friendly schedule
- We provide medical, dental, and vision insurance with the Arts Council covering 100% of the costs of the insurance package and 30% dependent coverage
Who we are: For 40 years, Arts Council Santa Cruz County has led the charge to support the unique, ever-evolving Santa Cruz County arts community. We’re passionate advocates for the arts and the organizations and people who make art happen. We believe in the power of the arts to transform our community, and our daily work of art reflects that belief. Our staff and board team are deeply committed to and fired up about our mission to generate creativity, vibrancy, and connection in Santa Cruz County.
This position would provide support for the Arts Council (20 hours/week) and for Senderos (15 hours/week), a partner organization. Senderos creates pathways to success with the Latino community by teaching and sharing cultural arts and by fostering educational opportunities. Senderos is a grass-roots, volunteer-based, multi-service non-profit 501(c)(3) organization founded in 2001serving 200 youth and families. Latino culture and history are taught and celebrated through dance and music classes. Children, youth and adults celebrate their heritage with pride in over 40 community and school performances throughout the year, including their signature Vive Oaxaca Guelaguetza festival. Educational support and scholarships for youth and adults promote biliteracy, academic skills, and higher education. Senderos programs and services are provided free of charge.
The job: The Administrative Coordinator is a key position that has a range of duties in general administration, marketing, development, event planning and coordination, and grant program support. Specific tasks will vary greatly throughout the year and as special projects evolve and develop. Spanish and English fluency required.
The ideal candidate has experience in communication (including social media), event planning, meeting coordination, knowledge of computer applications, and is detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage multiple priorities and deadlines. The candidate possesses a personal commitment to equity, diversity, cultural arts, education, and social justice, and a strong desire to make a difference in the lives of immigrant youth and families.
And Now For Something Completely Different: The ideal candidate will have the majority of the skills outlined in this job description. However, if you beautifully fit most, but not all, of the bill, apply anyway. In either case, be direct in your cover letter about your strengths and interests. Arts Council Santa Cruz County is an equal opportunity employer. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
To apply: Please email your resume and a cover letter in one PDF outlining your interest and fit for the position to email@example.com. Please title your email and the PDF with this naming convention: Your last name – Admin Coordinator Application. In your cover letter, please do not restate the information we’ll find in your resume. Tell us why this opportunity lights your fire, and why you would be an amazing fit at the Arts Council and Senderos. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Arts Council
- Coordinate team and community meetings.
- Generate meeting minutes
- Print, copy, and file
- Purchase supplies
- Maintain online grant application system
- Generate reports
- Communicate with and provide technical support for applicants and grantees
- Support Art Council’s Watsonville arts expansion work and Grants Program with communication via phone and email and participate in community-based conversations to further program goals.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Senderos
- Coordinate day-to-day organizational operations.
- Maintain organizational filing systems and manage digital and paper records.
- Answer or forward voicemail and email inquiries.
- Assist the Senderos Board President in coordinating Board meetings and records.
- Update WordPress website.
- Produce e-newsletters and maintain current and accurate MailChimp mailing list.
- Draft and implement event communications and develop event marketing collateral in coordination with others.
- Gather photos and maintain Senderos Flickr photo albums for each of the bigger events.
- Post to Senderos Facebook and Instagram on a regular basis.
- Support Board of Trustees as the key coordinator of fundraising appeals.
- Maintain donor database, and follow-up. thank you letters.
Event Planning and Coordination
- Assist with coordination of event planning, including volunteer scheduling, publicity, site logistics, ticketing, vendor contracts, sponsorships, etc.
- Maintain Senderos annual calendar of events and performances and communicate with other nonprofits, schools, and institutions regarding requests for performances in coordination with the Senderos Program Director.
- Assist in maintaining participant registration data, including accurate demographic information.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Reliable, organized, and attentive to detail
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in decision-making and problem-solving
- Knowledgeable in MS Office Suite, email programs, Google Suite, and preferable familiarity with database programs (i.e., donor, QuickBooks)
- Internet savvy
- Proficiency with social media, mobile apps, websites (WordPress)and MailChimp preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively; personable, sense of humor and positive attitude
- Creative and flexible thinker
- Professional, with the requirement to practice discretion and confidentiality
- Able to adapt and learn quickly
- Automobile, valid drivers license, and clean driving record required
- Experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Spanish and English fluency required
Arts Council Santa Cruz County is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing services and making resources available to every resident of Santa Cruz County without regard to ethnicity, color, creed, religion, age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, military status, marital status, political opinion, national origin, familial status, mental and physical disability, or source of income. People of color are strongly encouraged to apply.