Call for Open Studios Committee Members
Join us in bringing the community to artful life by being a part of this advisory committee. We welcome people of all backgrounds and areas of expertise – artistic talent or experience not required. A shared passion for the arts and sense of humor make this committee fun. We work hard and make a big impact on the arts through our efforts.
We’re looking for three to four new members for our 2019 team. Committee membership is for at least one year, but not more than four. The Open Studios Committee supports the Open Studios & Events Director, Ann Ostermann, in producing the Open Studios Art Tour each year. Participation on the committee includes:
- Attendance at monthly meetings, 9am-11am, on the second Monday of the month;
- Reviewing all aspects of the Tour and identifying areas for improvement;
- Assisting with evening and weekend workshops during the Spring application period and Summer preparation period;
- Curating the Preview Exhibit display at the Santa Cruz Art League; and
- Juror selection.
2019 Committee schedule (some dates may change):
Regular Meetings: 2nd Monday of the month, 9am-11am at Arts Council office (no meeting in October)
Other Meetings (tentative – dates to be approved at January meeting):
- Application/Digital Image Assistance Workshops ~ 6–7:30pm. Up to four workshops during March, and April. One or two committee members are present to answer questions and give input & advice.
- Assorted Workshops for Artists ~ Various times and dates
- Preparation Workshop ~ 7:00-8:30 pm, Thursday, July 11th (tentative date)
- Preview Exhibit: stage artwork for installation ~ 1-4pm, Thursday, September 19th
Send a short description -100 words or less – of your experience with the arts and why you’d like to be part of the Open Studios Committee to Ann Ostermann (email@example.com) with “Open Studios Committee” as the subject line of your e-mail.
Please submit your description by Thursday, December 6th
For more info contact Ann Ostermann: 831.475.9600 x17, firstname.lastname@example.org